How do I process export documents?
The exporter is required to appoint a Clearing and Forwarding Agent (CFA) to process his/her export documents.
List of Clearing and Forwarding Agents
Documentation process is done online and completed before examination of goods and export release
- The initial process starts with the exporter to appoint a CFA
- The exporter hands over the documents either manually or electronically to the CFA who uploads them in the Tanzania Customs Integrated System (TANCIS) together with all attachment of relevant documents including permits from Other Government Departments (OGD) to TRA.OGDs verify permit if any (reject or approval).
- Assessment of export taxes and duties if any.
- CFA make booking of container(s) from shipping line/agent.
- Stuffing of export cargo into container(s) under supervision of TRA and Other Government Departments (OGDs)
- Shipping line/agent submit to TRA export vessel schedule information.
- TRA audit (approve/reject) loading declaration (approved loading declaration automatically disseminated to Terminal operator as Loading List and becomes expected carry in).
- Gate check in conformation by TRA terminal gate.
- Terminal submits Carry in report to TRA to confirm arrival of export cargo at Terminal.
- Loading result report (short/normal loaded cargo) submitted by terminal to TRA.
- Conformation of loading report by TRA.
- Submission of Export manifest by Shipping Line/Agent to TRA.
- TRA Audit ( approve) export manifest (automatically strike off inventory from terminal)
- The exporter hands over the documents either manually or electronically to the CFA who uploads them in the Automated Systems for Customs Data (ASYCUDA++) and lodges the same to TRA; whereby a reference number is automatically generated.
- The exporter shall inform the customs before loading the goods in the container or truck as the customs officer shall witness the loading process
Note: Other station excludes Dar es salaam and Tunduma
What are the required documents?
The following documents shall be produced for export:
TIN certificate (exporter)
Export certificates from relevant Authorities depending on nature of the goods to be exported; these include:
Certificates from Food and Drugs Authority
Certificates from Ministry of Agriculture for crops
Certificates from ministry of mines for minerals
Certificates from Ministry of Natural Resources
PERMITS REQUIRED FOR EXPORTING EACH GOOD
The following are documents required for Export of goods from Tanzania:-
EXPORT PERMIT : Is an official document that you need to export certain types of goods.
The following are some of permits required depending on the nature of the goods to be exported:-
Permit from the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries
Permit from the Ministry of Energy and Minerals
Permit from the Ministry of Tourism and Natural Resources
TIN certificate (exporter)
Authorization letter; AND
Export certificates from relevant Authorities depending on nature of the goods to be exported;
For more information visit the following websites.
Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries www.kilimo.go.tz
Ministry of Tourism and Natural Resources www.mnrt.go.tz
Ministry of Energy and Minerals www.mem.go.tz
Tanzania Revenue Authority www.tra.go.tz
Tanzania Food and Drug Authority www.tfda.or.tz
LINKAGE TO THE TARIFF CALCULATOR
The link to TRA calculator is: - www.tra.go.tz/index.php/calculator-tool..